- Published: October 03, 2022
Unlike domestic facilities, FAA-certified repair facilities abroad are NOT required to:
- Conduct drug and alcohol testing on safety-sensitive personnel;
- Perform background checks on workers;
- Assess security threats for facilities;
- Allow unannounced FAA inspections of maintenance operations; and
- Meet minimum qualifications for aircraft mechanics.
H.R. 7321 would establish one uniform level of safety for aircraft repair, maintenance and overhaul regardless of where the service is performed. The bill next goes to the Senate for consideration.